The Professional Interior Designer for commercial projects is qualified by education,experience, and examination to enhance the function and quality of interior spaces. As an AK contractor we begin the process with such a qualified designer.
For the purpose of improving the quality of life, increasing productivity, and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public, the Professional Interior Designer:
- Analyzes the client's needs, goals, and life and safety requirements;
- Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design;
- Formulates preliminary design concepts that are appropriate, functional, and aesthetic;
- Develops and presents final design recommendations through appropriate presentation media;
- Prepares working drawings and specifications for non-load bearing interior construction, materials, finishes, space planning, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment;
- Collaborates with professional services of other licensed practitioners in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical, and load-bearing design as required forregulatory approval;
- Prepares and administers bids and contract documents as the client's agent;
- Reviews and evaluates design solutions during implementation and upon completion. The interior design process follows a systematic and coordinated methodology. Research, analysis, and integration of information into the creative process result in an appropriate interior environment.